Swire Symphony Under The Stars
Live Streaming Technology Partner
- Swire Symphony Under The Stars goes hybrid for the first time!
See you at the Central Harbourfront and the virtual world through live streaming on 13 November 2021, Saturday
Enjoy music under the stars with conductor Wilson Ng and the HK Phil
13 OCT 2021
- Swire Symphony Under The Stars Presented Live Again!
The HK Phil performed for a live audience of near 14,000, sharing music under the city’s iconic skyline, and livestreamed for global music lovers
15 NOV 2021
CLICK HERE (starts at 7:15pm, 13 NOV 2021)
The annual extravaganza, Swire Symphony Under The Stars, returns to the Central Harbourfront! The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, joined by conductor Wilson Ng and our favourite host Harry Gor Gor, presents an exuberant programme of dazzling dance music. Four HK Phil musicians will perform as soloists – Andrew Ling (Piazzolla’s Le Grand Tango), and Christopher Moyse, Douglas Waterston and Robert Smith (Anderson’s Bugler’s Holiday).
What’s more this year, the HK Phil is delighted to co-present the live screening debut with the West Kowloon Cultural District in the Art Park, where audiences can enjoy a livestreamed relay on the opposite side of the harbour. For details, please visit West Kowloon Cultural District website.
To share this enthralling evening beyond the Harbourfront, this outdoor concert will be livestreamed on the HK Phil, West Kowloon, and West Kowloon Art Park Facebook pages, HK Phil website and YouTube channels. The orchestra invites music lovers around the world to this mega party of classical dance music under the magnificent night sky – complete with fireworks – with Hong Kong’s iconic skyline as the backdrop.
Concert lasts around 80 minutes, with no intermission.
In view of official guidelines and social distancing measures under the pandemic, the live performance in the Central Harbourfront is set to have assigned seats of a maximum of four persons per unit. No eating and drinking is allowed, and the audiences should wear masks throughout the event. Thank you for your cooperation.
Change of Conductor & Programme
Given the current quarantine requirements related to the global pandemic and his other international commitments, conductor Jaap van Zweden will unfortunately not be able to conduct the “Swire Symphony Under The Stars” concert at the Central Harbourfront on 13 November 2021, 7:30pm. Instead Wilson Ng will conduct this performance in a slightly modified programme as listed above.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (12 October 2021)
- Eating and drinking is not allowed in the venue
- All audience members are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number, and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue. Temperature check is required at all entrances and masks must be worn throughout the venue at all times
- A special seating arrangement is made due to the pandemic. Please follow the assigned gate to enter the venue, and get to your assigned seats. According to the special arrangement of the venue, adjacent seats may be assigned to other audience
- Each ticket admits one person ONLY regardless of age. Each ticket-holder will be allocated ONE seat ONLY. Duplicated tickets will not be accepted
- Please show the QR code and Seat no. on your smartphone or printed ticket for admission. Do not fold or draw across the QR code. Non-readable QR code will prevent your admission to the event.
- Anyone who is found to be in possession of any forbidden items or not follow the rules of the venue will be refused to the entry of the event. Please CLICK HERE for details
- In case of bad weather, the HK Phil will announce postponement at 4pm through HK Phil website hkphil.org and Facebook page. The event will be postponed to the next day, i.e. 14 November, same time and same venue
- The event organiser reserves the right to change advertised artists and programme, seating arrangements and audience capacity
- Some seating areas may have restricted sightlines
- Parking spaces are not available at the venue. You are recommended to use public transport (e.g. MTR, Ferry, etc)