Aged 25 or under as of 31 August 2021.
Permanent Hong Kong resident of Chinese ethnicity.
- Proof of enrolment (admission confirmation) in an overseas university/music conservatory for the 2021/22 academic year.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to return to Hong Kong and serve in the music field upon completion of study.
Additional Documents for Different Areas of Studies
Apart from the required documents on the application form, please submit the required material below based on the applied course:
- Two 30-minute videos of you rehearsing and conducting two contrasting pieces or excerpts, in USB or DVD format.
* Applicants are required to have their faces shown in all the videos.
* Each 30-minute video should start from the beginning with no cuts or other editing.
* Conducting performance video can be orchestral, ensemble and piano.
- A portfolio containing the scores of three pieces of your own composition in two hard copies.
- Audio-recordings of the submitted pieces, in USB or DVD format.
- Other Music Related Studies
- Two hard copies of your three submitted essay / thesis.
Audition and Interview
Selected applicants will be invited to an audition and interview.
Overseas applicants who are not able to attend the audition and interview in Hong Kong, are required to submit the following items in addition to your application form and list of related documents above. Please note that applicants are required to have your face shown in the performance video, and the video should start from the beginning with no cuts or other editing.
A 10 to 15-minute performance video with short self-introduction.
A 2-minute video personal statement.
* Please submit the above items in the same USB or DVD.
- Conducting / Composition and other music related studies
A 2-minute video personal statement with a short self-introduction in USB or DVD format.
Complete the application form and return with required documents to:
Bernard van Zuiden Music Fund
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd
Level 8, Administration Building,
Hong Kong Cultural Centre,
10 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong