Aged 25 or under as of 31 August 2023.
Permanent Hong Kong resident of Chinese ethnicity, habitually resident in Hong Kong for not less than seven years.
- Proof of enrolment (admission confirmation) in an overseas university/music conservatory for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Scholarship recipients should return to Hong Kong immediately and thereafter work in the music profession locally.
Additional Documents for Different Areas of Studies
Apart from the required documents on the application form, please submit the required material listed below based on your applied course:
- Two 30-minute videos of rehearsing and conducting performance of two contrasting pieces or excerpts.
- Two hard copies and a soft copy of the music scores of the two conducted pieces.
* Conducting performance video can be orchestral, small chamber ensemble and piano.
* Applicants are required to have their faces shown in all the videos.
* Each 30-minute video should start from the beginning with no cuts or other editing.
* Please submit 1-2 items in the same USB or DVD.
- A portfolio containing the scores of three pieces of your own composition in two hard copies.
- Audio-recordings of the submitted pieces, in USB or DVD format.
- Other Music Related Studies
- Two hard copies of your three submitted essay / thesis.
Audition and Interview
Selected applicants will be invited to an audition and interview.
Overseas applicants who are not able to attend the audition and interview in Hong Kong, are required to submit the following items in addition to your application form and list of related documents above. Please note that applicants are required to have your face shown in the performance video, and the video should start from the beginning with no cuts or other editing.
- A 10 to 15-minute performance video with short self-introduction.
- A 2-minute video personal statement.
* Please submit the above items in the same USB or DVD.
- Conducting / Composition and other music related studies
- A 2-minute video personal statement with a short self-introduction in USB or DVD format.
Complete the application form and return with required documents to:
Bernard van Zuiden Music Fund
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd
Level 8, Administration Building,
Hong Kong Cultural Centre,
10 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong