- Applicants are required to prepare three contrasting pieces, each about 5 minutes long.
- Applicants are required to bring their own instruments to the audition, except for the piano.
- Applicants are required to prepare two original copies of the music scores to the interview.
- Please bring your own accompanist (if required).
- Applicants should prepare a pre-recorded 10 to 15-minute video of you conducting three contrasting pieces, in USB or DVD format to the audition.
- Applicants are required to include a short self-introduction before the performance in the video.
- Applicants are required to have their faces shown in their conducting performance video, and the video should start from the beginning with no cuts or other editing.
* Conducting applicants may include conducting performances with orchestras or small chamber groups.
- Applicants are required to prepare two hard copies of the submitted three pieces to the interview.
- Applicants are required to prepare an audio-recording of the submitted works, to be played during the interview.
Other Music-related Studies
- Applicants are required to prepare three submitted essays / theses to the interview.
- Applicants are required to prepare notes on the new research topic to the interview.
Bernard van Zuiden Music Fund
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd,
Level 8, Administration Building,
Hong Kong Cultural Centre,
10 Salisbury Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel : 2312 6103
Fax : 2721 5443
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours (Mon - Fri) : 10:00am - 12:30pm; 2:00pm - 6:00pm, excluding Public Holidays