The HK Phil’s open rehearsals are a unique, behind-the-scenes experience giving young people the opportunity to observe our players, conductors, and guest artists at work. Applications are free of charge.
In order to attend our open rehearsals, you should belong to either/both of the following categories:
- Young Audience Scheme members may apply individually and bring up to 5 guests.
- Schools, colleges and tertiary institutions may apply as groups through teachers.
Seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
2023/24 Season Open Rehearsals Schedule
|Date||Time||Related Concert||Application Deadline|
7 Dec 2023 (Thu)
|2 pm||Vasily Petrenko | Mahler 4||1 Dec 2023 (Fri)|
11 Jan 2024 (Thu)
|2 pm||Beethoven | Choral Fantasy||5 Jan 2024 (Fri)|
|28 Mar 2024 (Thu)||2 pm|
Swire Maestro Series
Paavo Järvi & Alena Baeva
|22 Mar 2024 (Fri)|
|2 May 2024 (Thu)||2 pm|
Mainland Pre-Tour Concert
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
|26 Apr 2024 (Fri)|
|4 Jul 2024 (Thu)||2 pm|
Tarmo Peltokoski & Seong-Jin Cho
|28 Jun 2024 (Fri)|
Venue: Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall
Duration: around 1 hour
- Recording, filming and photo-taking are not allowed.
- Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping devices before the rehearsal.
- Please reserve your applause so as not to distract our musicians.
- No eating or drinking in the concert hall.
- Please gather at the foyer 15 minutes before the rehearsal commences.
- The Hong Kong Philharmonic reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the rehearsals without prior notice.
- The conductor and soloist reserve the right to amend the rehearsal orders and repertoire.
Education and Outreach
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Society Ltd,
Level 8 Administration Building,
Hong Kong Cultural Centre,
Tsim Sha Tsui
Office hours (Mon - Fri): 9:30am - 12:30pm; 2pm - 5:45pm