JAAP’s Beethoven 1 | Lang Lang
- HK Phil’s Beethoven 250th Series – Concert Tickets Available TODAY!
Five all-Beethoven programmes from January to May 2020, featuring great pianists Lang Lang, Rudolf Buchbinder, Rachel Cheung, Víkingur Ólafsson and Nobuyuki Tsujii
4 SEP 2019
- Superstar Pianist Lang Lang Returns to the HK Phil Stage to Launch the “Beethoven 250th” Series with Music Director Jaap van Zweden
Beethoven 250th: Jaap’s Beethoven 1 | Lang Lang (16 & 18 January)
16 JAN 2020
Concert duration is approx. 2 hours (including one interval). Please stay tuned for the traffic arrangement on that day.
Launching this special Beethoven year – marking the 250th anniversary of the composer’s birth – we welcome superstar pianist Lang Lang in a programme featuring music with which Beethoven launched his career in Vienna. The Egmont Overture was Beethoven’s introduction to musical theatre, the First Symphony showed his indebtedness to his teacher Haydn, while the Piano Concerto, despite its number, was actually the first one he composed and performed for the Viennese audience.
Soloist Lang Lang will meet the audience on stage after 16 Jan performance. Members of the audience are welcome to stay and join their sharing session.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||16 JAN 2020 (Thu) 7:15pm - 7:45pm|
18 JAN 2020 (Sat) 7:15pm - 7:45pm
|Venue:||Thu: AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre|
Sat: AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27