BRAHMS | A German Requiem
Prompted by the death of his mother and inspired by the music of Bach, Brahms’ A German Requiem draws its text from the German-language Bible translated by Martin Luther. But more than an expression of German soul, Brahms wanted this to be a work for “all mankind”. Renowned German Chorusmaster Ralf Otto prepares the HK Phil Chorus for this masterpiece.
The concert runs approximately 75 minutes without intermission.
For standard tickets, the general public can enjoy up to 15% off, while Club Bravo members are entitled up to an exclusive 30% off for ticket purchases.
Change of Conductor
Due to health reason, guest conductor Ralf Otto has to withdraw from the advertised performances of “Brahms | A German Requiem” at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall on 21 & 22 APR 2023, 8pm.
The HK Phil is grateful to conductor Cornelius Meister for agreeing to step in for these performances. The programme and other artists remain unchanged. Ticket-holders may continue using their tickets for admission according to the date printed on the tickets to the updated performance.
For ticketing assistance and enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office at email@example.com (email) or via WhatsApp messenger at 5628 7595 (WhatsApp ONLY). Thank you for supporting the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (14 MAR 2023 14:00)
Discount Scheme for Programmes in JAN - JUL 2023 #:
- General public are entitled to 15% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 4 and more programmes.
- Club Bravo members are entitled to 15% off for standard tickets; 30% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 4 and more programmes.
#Discounts are calculated for each transaction and cannot be applied to the next transaction. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, and are not applicable for Chamber Music Concerts, HK Phil x Ivana Wong "the missing something" Concert, Cathay Proudly Sponsor: Joe Hisaishi in Concert and other co-presented or collaboration concerts.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, CineClub : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- eslite Gold Card-holders and Black Card-holders: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Fringe Club, Members of Fringe Club, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOViE MOViE members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 11-20 tickets, 15% off for 21-40 tickets
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of Venue's anti-epidemic measures
- Persons with fever, symptoms of illness and those who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days should not attend the performance
- The HK Phil / Venue reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed. The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute
- Venue may update their anti-epidemic admission measures in line with Government regulations. Please refer to the Venue’s official website for the latest details. Venue may refuse admission for those who fail to comply with the measures.
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2