Tea House Chamber Music Series: Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra –
Eight Colours and Trout Quintet
For the first performance in West Kowloon Cultural District’s new series of chamber music concerts at the Tea House Theatre, the principal string players of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (HK Phil) present Tan Dun’s Eight Colours for String Quartet and Schubert’s Piano Quintet in A, Trout – showcasing western and eastern influences in two diverse chamber music works. Joining HK Phil’s musicians for the performance of Trout is acclaimed pianist Colleen Lee.
Written during a summer vacation when he was just 22 years old, Franz Schubert’s Trout Quintet is a lively work with a pastoral feel that contains some of his most familiar melodies. The programme opens with a very contrasting contemporary string quartet, Eight Colours. Written by award-winning Chinese composer Tan Dun in 1986, the piece comprises eight short, minimalist sections reflecting the influence of Chinese opera vocalisations and Buddhist chanting and temple bells.
The concert runs for 1 hour without intermission.
13 DEC 2021 (Mon)
immediately following the concert
|Content:||The audience is invited to join the artists at the Peony Garden restaurant in the Xiqu Centre immediately after the concert. (Minimum cover charge one drink per person)|
$200 for senior citizens ages 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion and full-time students.
- Ticket-holders must present proof of eligibility on admission
- Above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right
- All discount offers are available on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability
- All promotions are subject to relevant terms and conditions
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn your phone to silent mode and turn off other sound or light emitting devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- You are recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break.
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue
- Temperature checks will be carried out before admission. Visitors showing a temperature of 37.5°C or above will not be able to participate
- If you have travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days or are wearing a home quarantine tracking wristband, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon
- Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme without prior notice