When Bright Sheng meets Mozart *
SWIRE DENIM SERIES
Concert Cancellation and Ticket Arrangement: “Swire Denim Series: When Bright Sheng meets Mozart *” on 15 & 16 May 2020
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, Music Director Jaap van Zweden, our Board of Governors as well as the administration put the health and well-being of our audience, players and staff at the forefront of our priorities. Like most cultural organisations, we have made major adjustments to our regular activities in order to accommodate these exceptional circumstances.
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, the advertised performances of “Swire Denim Series: When Bright Sheng meets Mozart*" at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall on 15 & 16 May 2020, 8pm, have been cancelled. Ticket holders (except for patrons who purchased tickets from Klook, POPTICKET and ticketflap# ) to the cancelled concerts, please submit your preferred ticket arrangement on or before 30 June 2020.
Since over 20 performances have recently been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a significant number of tickets are undergoing the refund procedure. While we appreciate your understanding and patience during the refund process, we are doing our best to explore new refund methods to speed up the process. Below are the options available for ticket holders of the cancelled concerts in April & May:
(1) DONATE YOUR TICKET
(2) CHEQUE REFUND
Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by CHEQUE; the cheque will be mailed to your registered address.
(3) BANK TRANSFER REFUND
Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by BANK TRANSFER. This option is only applicable for patrons with local bank savings or current accounts. Debit/credit card account and time deposit accounts are NOT accepted.
We continue to liaise closely with our partners and venues to ensure appropriate arrangements for the remainder of our 2019/20 season. Please visit our website and Facebook page for relevant announcements.
We very much look forward to seeing you in our concert hall in the near future, sharing our exceptional music-making and the energy that you, our audience, bring to each performance. In the meantime, please stay home and stay well.
For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#The refund options listed above are not applicable for those patrons who purchased tickets from Klook, POPTICKET and ticketflap. The related refund will be processed automatically by the corresponding ticketing service providers, and the ticket will be refunded to the credit card that was used for the original payment directly.
A mysterious dark stranger apparently commissioned Mozart to write a Requiem, which ended up marking the composer’s own death. The largely forgotten massacre of Nanking moved Bright Sheng to write his Pipa Concerto as a requiem for the 300,000 Chinese civilians slaughtered. But to celebrate the enduring power of faith, Arvo Pärt’s setting of an ancient Latin hymn marks the 1150th anniversary of the founding of the abbey in Essen, Germany.
Change of Programme *
“Swire Denim Series: Requiem: Mozart vs Salieri” is retitled to “Swire Denim Series: When Bright Sheng meets Mozart”. Requiem by Salieri will be changed to Arvo PÄRT’s "Salve Regina" for Chorus and Orchestra, and Bright SHENG’s Nanking! Nanking! for Pipa and Orchestra, other programme details remain unchanged.
Ticket-holders may continue use their tickets for admission according to the date printed on the tickets for the updated programme. For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or email@example.com.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (20:00, 2 August 2019)
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||15 MAY 2020 (Fri) 7:15pm - 7:45pm|
16 MAY 2020 (Sat) 7:15pm - 7:45pm
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, HKIFF Cine Fan: 10% off
- Zuni Friends: 10% off (max. 4 tickets)
- HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership card
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of Marco Polo Club: 10% off (not applicable to $D tickets; max. 4 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members, Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Fringe Club members, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27