The Ring Cycle Part 1 – Das Rheingold
The HK Phil begins an awesome journey – to perform Wagner’s mammoth Ring Cycle, with our Music Director Jaap van Zweden, over four years. The Ring Cycle includes some of the greatest music ever composed. A major international cast will assemble in Hong Kong to tell Wagner’s great musical story.
Keep watch for the many ‘Ring’-related activities and projects around Hong Kong in the lead-up to these performances.
Performed with surtitles in English and Chinese.
*Tickets going fast. Balcony choir stall seats are released on 24 Jan upon popular requests. The sightline of certain seats may restrict audiences from reading of surtitles.
Concert runs for approx. 2.5 hours without interval.
To prevent any interruption to the performance of Das Rheingold – Opera-in-Concert– this Thu & Sat, in consultation with performers, late-comers will NOT be admitted. In keeping with the tradition in performing this opera, there will be no intermission, so please allow ample time to take your seats in the auditorium.
Symposium 3: Exposition of Das Rheingold
|Time:||24-01-2015 Sat 2:30pm-5:30pm|
|Venue:||Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall|
|Speaker:||Ms. Sue Elliott|
Director of Education of Seattle Opera
Free Admission. For details and registration, please click here.
Free Pre-concert Talk
22-1-2015 Thu 7:15pm-7:45pm
4/F Foyer, Auditoria Building, HK Cultural Centre
“DAS RHEINGOLD” RING 18K Gold Necklace
The HK Phil proudly collaborates with Chow Sang Sang to present this limited necklace, inspired by Das Rheingold – the first opera from Wagner’s “Ring” cycle. This exquisite masterpiece features two rings that spin in opposite directions and meet at a specific position to reveal a hidden message of Das Rheingold, it also allows user to create their own presentation of the Das Rheingold message. This limited edition is a remarkable collection item as it’s a souvenir representing the first performance of Wagner’s “Ring” cycle in Hong Kong. Both male and female styles are available, and each necklace is entitled to a certificate of authenticity.
All proceeds go to Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra for their future development.
$4,480 male size
$3,300 female size
Available now at Chow Sang Sang eShop, please visit http://hkeshop.chowsangsang.com
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities & CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- HKU, CUHK, CityU, HKUST, HKBU, PolyU & LU students: 55% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, CCDC Dance Generation member, Friends of The Hong Kong Ballet, and HKRep Pals: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off 10-19 tickets
- 20% off 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
- Latecomers will miss the entire performance. This is to ensure a seamless concert experience of The Ring Cycle Part 1 – Das Rheingold, opera-in-concert performance. Thank you for your consideration.
SEATS WITH RESTRICTED SIGHTLINES
Stalls A1/2/56/57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89/90 & HH27