The Dinosaur Footprints
MUSIC FOR KIDS
Concert Cancellation and Ticket Arrangement: “The Dinosaur Footprints” on 8 & 9 Feb 2020
To tie in with the response level under the "Preparedness and Response Plan for Novel Infectious Disease of Public Health Significance" being raised to Emergency Response Level and avoid people from gathering, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) announced on 28 JAN 2020 that the Tsuen Wan Town Hall is temporarily closed until further notice.
The advertised performances of “The Dinosaur Footprints” have been cancelled. Ticket holders to the cancelled concert, please submit your preferred ticket arrangement by completing the form (Download) with your intact printed ticket(s) on or before 29 FEB 2020. Below are the available options:
(1) Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by CHEQUE;
(2) Donate to the HK Phil “Student Ticket Fund” to subsidise half-price tickets for local full-time students, nurturing the passion for orchestral music of the next generation. Over 12,000 students have benefited from the fund annually. Your donations contribute to the arts and culture life of our younger generation and our home city, Hong Kong; also support the HK Phil in presenting diverse programmes to inspire through the finest music-making; or
(3) Swap the ticket(s) to another HK Phil 2019/20 Season concert.
(4) Ticket holders may register (Click to Register) for CASH refund on or before 29 FEB 2020. The exact refund period will be announced based on the epidemic situation and the resumption of the Hong Kong Cultural Centre. The HK Phil will notify the registered ticket holders of the details by email. Please retain the intact printed ticket(s) for refund in the meantime.
For the HK Phil’s upcoming performances in the coming weeks, we keep communicating closely with the respective venues (including the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Tsuen Wan Town Hall and others) and partners to determine if the concerts can be performed as scheduled. The HK Phil will make further announcements on its website and on Facebook if there are any updates.
For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (31 January 2020 17:30)
Concert duration is approx. 1 hour (without interval). Please stay tuned for the traffic arrangement on that day.
Who doesn’t love dinosaurs? We might not like them quite so much if Tyrannosaurus Rex still roamed the earth, but through the power of music we can experience them at close hand without any scary encounters! We have invited Dr Dino to reveal some amazing facts about these pre-historic creatures with slideshow projection. Hear how dinosaurs can be portrayed in music, and you will also learn more about them. Come join us on this breathtaking adventure!
You are also cordially invited to attend the Certificate Ceremony of “The Dinosaur Footprints” Concert Poster Design Competition (9-14 year-old group) held at the foyer 30 minutes before the concert.
Want to learn more? Join dinosaur expert Dr Pittman’s free online course “Dinosaur Ecosystems”:
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, HKIFF Cine Fan: 10% off
- Zuni Friends: 10% off (max. 4 tickets)
- HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership card
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of Marco Polo Club: 10% off (not applicable to $D tickets; max. 4 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members, Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Fringe Club members, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work