JAAP’s Beethoven 2 | Rudolf Buchbinder
Concert Cancellation and Ticket Arrangement: “Jaap’s Beethoven 2 | Rudolf Buchbinder” on 31 Jan & 1 Feb 2020
To tie in with the response level under the "Preparedness and Response Plan for Novel Infectious Disease of Public Health Significance" being raised to Emergency Response Level and avoid people from gathering, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) announced on 28 January 2020 that the LCSD cultural and leisure facilities, including performance venues such as Hong Kong Cultural Centre, will be temporarily closed from 29 January 2020 until further notice.
The advertised performances of “Jaap’s Beethoven 2 | Rudolf Buchbinder” have been cancelled. Ticket holders to the cancelled concert, please submit your preferred ticket arrangement by completing the form (Download) with your intact printed ticket(s) on or before 29 FEB 2020. Below are the available options:
(1) Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by CHEQUE;
(2) Donate to the HK Phil “Student Ticket Fund” To subsidise half-price tickets for local full-time students, nurturing the passion for orchestral music of the next generation. Over 12,000 students have benefited from the fund annually. Your donations contribute to the arts and culture life of our younger generation and our home city, Hong Kong; also support the HK Phil in presenting diverse programmes to inspire through the finest music-making; or
(3) Swap the ticket(s) to another HK Phil 2019/20 Season concert.
(4) Ticket holders may register (Click to Register) for CASH refund on or before 29 FEB 2020. The exact refund period will be announced based on the epidemic situation and the resumption of the Hong Kong Cultural Centre. The HK Phil will notify the registered ticket-holders for the details by email. Please retain the intact printed ticket(s) for refund in the meantime.
For the HK Phil’s concerts scheduled in February, we shall communicate closely with these venues (including Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Tsuen Wan Town Hall and others) to find out if these concerts are going on as planned or shall be cancelled. The HK Phil will make further announcement on website and Facebook. Stay tuned and thank you.
For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (29 January 2020 19:00)
Concert duration is approx. 2 hours (including one interval). Please stay tuned for the traffic arrangement on that day.
“Although my doctor had forbidden me to work, I sat down to do something for those mustachios who are genuinely fond of me.” So wrote Beethoven in 1811 as he started on a commission for the theatre in the Hungarian city of Pest. Those “mustachios” received Ruins of Athens Overture. Our second Beethoven anniversary concert also follows his growing fame back in Vienna with his second symphony and, despite its number, his fourth piano concerto featuring Rudolf Buchbinder, described by the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung as "one of today's most important and competent Beethoven performers”.
Change of Programme
Beethoven Piano Concerto no. 1 will be replaced by Beethoven Piano Concerto no. 4. The remaining repertoires remain unchanged.
Soloist Rudolf Buchbinder will meet the audience on stage after 31 Jan performance. Members of the audience are welcome to stay and join their sharing session.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||31 JAN 2019 (Fri) 7:15pm - 7:45pm|
1 FEB 2019 (Sat) 7:15pm - 7:45pm
|Venue:||Fri: AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre|
Sat: AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, HKIFF Cine Fan: 10% off
- Zuni Friends: 10% off (max. 4 tickets)
- HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership card
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of Marco Polo Club: 10% off (not applicable to $D tickets; max. 4 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members, Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Fringe Club members, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27