Jaap's Shostakovich 5
Jaap brings together two works which shocked their first audiences, even as they won admirers. Beethoven’s violin concerto is a work which makes no compromise for soloist or listener – its arrival changed the idea of a concerto forever. In perhaps his most fearful hours of oppression, Shostakovich wrote that his fifth symphony was a ‘soviet artist’s response to just criticism’, but there is nothing meek about the struggle and triumph he expressed in one of the 20th century’s most awe-inspiring and heroic scores.
|Time:|| 13-12-2013 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
14-12-2013 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
|Speaker:||Ms. Synthia Ko|
Music Director and Chief Conductor, Guangxi Symphony Orchestra
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.