HK Phil × HKU MUSE
'Orchestral Spotlights: Bassoon'
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, in collaboration with HKU MUSE, is delighted to showcase the bassoonists of the HK Phil, as part of this chamber music series spotlighting different sections of the orchestra. This varied programme gives the chance to know the bassoon more closely, with its large range of colours, textures and techniques. In addition to lively original compositions for bassoon ensembles of two to five players, the programme features works for solo bassoon and solo contrabassoon, as well as a world premiere by HKU composer Peter Tang. A selection of movements from Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition arranged for five bassoons will conclude the performance.
The programme is approximately an hour without intermission, suggested for ages 8 and above.
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance