Bruch & Beethoven
(Original Title: Swire Maestro Series: JAAP | Beethoven 3)
Change of Artists & Programme
Given the current quarantine requirements related to the global pandemic and his other international commitments, conductor Jaap van Zweden will unfortunately not be able to conduct the performances of “Swire Maestro Series: JAAP | Beethoven 3” at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall on 5 & 6 November 2021, 8pm.
Instead Wilson Ng will conduct these concerts, with Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony unchanged as the major work on the programme. Korean violinist Zia Shin will perform Bruch’s Violin Concerto no. 1 (instead of Beethoven’s Romance no. 2) for her debut with the HK Phil. The originally scheduled OZNO Piccolo Concerto with soloist Linda Stuckey will be postponed to a later date.
Ticket-holders may continue using their existing tickets for admission to the updated performance. For ticketing assistances and enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office at email@example.com (email) or via WhatsApp messenger at 5628 7595 (Messages ONLY).
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (12 October 2021)
From its opening two chords to the exhilarating finale, Beethoven’s Third Symphony changed classical music forever with its extraordinary scope and bold harmonies. Beethoven wrote the work in an age of struggle and revolution and called it “Eroica” (Heroic). Join Wilson Ng and the HK Phil on one of the greatest journeys that any conductor, any orchestra and any audience can take together. To open the concert, Korean violinist Zia Shin delights audiences with Bruch’s much-loved Violin Concerto for her HK Phil debut.
The concert runs approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission.
For standard tickets, the general public can enjoy up to 20% off, while Club Bravo members are entitled up to an exclusive 30% off for ticket purchases.
Discount Scheme for Programmes in SEP - DEC 2021#:
- General public are entitled to 10% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 3 - 5 programmes; and 20% off for 6 or more programmes.
- Club Bravo members are entitled to 15% off for standard tickets; 20% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 3 - 5 programmes, and 30% off for 6 or more programmes.
#Discounts are calculated for each transaction and cannot be applied to the next transaction. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, HKIFF Cine Fan, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Fringe Club, App Members and Staff of JOYCE, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOViE MOViE members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2