Ashkenazy and Gabetta Return
Star cellist Sol Gabetta takes once more to our stage by popular demand, following her stunning performances in 2011. This time she plays Elgar’s melancholy masterwork, the cello concerto. And on the podium, one of the world’s iconic musicians – Vladimir Ashkenazy returns to Hong Kong, bringing Elgar’s sunny evocation of the Mediterranean, In the South, and his own, Russian-infused orchestration of Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition.
|Time:|| 4-4-2014 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
5-4-2014 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre|
Dr. Joanna Lee
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.