Lorin Maazel Fest
Benjamin Britten’s War Requiem is his enduring statement on the folly and destruction of war. A setting of the Requiem Mass, intertwined with war-poet Wilfred Owen’s descriptions of the horrors of the trenches, it became Britten’s most famous work. With Hong Kong’s own choral forces, this powerful work will be an unmissable event on Hong Kong’s musical calendar.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||7-11-2013 Thu 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
|Speaker:||Prof. Johnny Minglun Poon|
Professor and Head of the Department of Music at Hong Kong Baptist University
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.