Van Zweden & A German Requiem
“...his account of the Brahms German Requiem – every phrase lovingly molded, its hushes charged, its climaxes stirring – reached a new level of transcendence.” The Dallas Morning News
Brahms composed his German Requiem as a work of comfort for the living. Weaving together biblical texts which he himself chose, he created a towering work – a great journey in music. Now treasured as one of the greatest German Romantic works for chorus, this Requiem has not been performed by the HK Phil in decades until Jaap chose it as his second inaugural programme.
** Latecomers are not admitted.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||30/11 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
1/12 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Head of Opera and Vocal Studies
Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts
music writer & critic
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted.