TEA HOUSE CHAMBER MUSIC SERIES: HK PHIL
As a guest performer is tested positive for COVID-19 and sick at short notice, the performance of “Tea House Chamber Music Series: HK Philharmonic Orchestra: Spirited Strings” scheduled at 8pm on 9 JAN 2023 (Monday) in Tea House Theatre, Xiqu Centre, West Kowloon Cultural District will be cancelled.
We thank you for your kind understanding and support.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (6 JAN 2023)
Join string players from the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra at the WKCD Tea House Theatre for an evening of intimacy and fervour! Among the most expressive musical instruments of both cultures, western string instruments and the traditional Chinese pipa have four strings and soundboxes in common. HK Phil musicians and virtuoso guest pipa player Gao Sijia will perform two pieces composed for pipa and string quartet – Law Wing-fai’s Ink Spirit and Tansy Tsai's Suddenly. The "East-meets-West" musical dialogue continues with a few short but characteristic pieces to showcase the elegance of each string instrument. Closing the programme will be the first movement of Dvořák’s Piano Quintet no. 2 in which moments of drama, euphoric beauty and spontaneous dance music are all interwoven.
The concert runs for 1 hour without intermission.
$200 for senior citizens ages 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion and full-time students.
- Ticket-holders must present proof of eligibility on admission
- Above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right
- All discount offers are available on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability
- All promotions are subject to relevant terms and conditions
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn your phone to silent mode and turn off other sound or light emitting devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- You are recommended to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break
- For the safety of participants, visitors, artists and staff, please note the following health precautions:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times in the venue
- If you are undergoing mandatory quarantine, please wait until your quarantine period is over before visiting West Kowloon Cultural District
- Please refer to Special Arrangements in Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) from West Kowloon Cultural District for more information
- The organiser reserves the right to make changes to the programme without prior notice