Philip Glass' David Bowie II
Swire Denim Series
Concert Cancellation and Ticket Arrangement: “Swire Denim Series: Philip Glass' David Bowie II” on 8 & 9 May 2020
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, Music Director Jaap van Zweden, our Board of Governors as well as the administration put the health and well-being of our audience, players and staff at the forefront of our priorities. Like most cultural organisations, we have made major adjustments to our regular activities in order to accommodate these exceptional circumstances.
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, the advertised performances of “Swire Denim Series: Philip Glass' David Bowie II" at the Hong Kong City Hall Concert Hall on 8 & 9 May 2020, 8pm, have been cancelled. Ticket holders (except for patrons who purchased tickets from Klook, POPTICKET and ticketflap#) to the cancelled concerts, please submit your preferred ticket arrangement on or before 30 June 2020.
Since over 20 performances have recently been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a significant number of tickets are undergoing the refund procedure. While we appreciate your understanding and patience during the refund process, we are doing our best to explore new refund methods to speed up the process. Below are the options available for ticket holders of the cancelled concerts in April & May:
(1) DONATE YOUR TICKET
(2) CHEQUE REFUND
Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by CHEQUE; the cheque will be mailed to your registered address.
(3) BANK TRANSFER REFUND
Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by BANK TRANSFER. This option is only applicable for patrons with local bank savings or current accounts. Debit/credit card account and time deposit accounts are NOT accepted.
We continue to liaise closely with our partners and venues to ensure appropriate arrangements for the remainder of our 2019/20 season. Please visit our website and Facebook page for relevant announcements.
We very much look forward to seeing you in our concert hall in the near future, sharing our exceptional music-making and the energy that you, our audience, bring to each performance. In the meantime, please stay home and stay well.
For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or email@example.com.
# The refund options listed above are not applicable for those patrons who purchased tickets from Klook, POPTICKET and ticketflap. The related refund will be processed automatically by the corresponding ticketing service providers, and the ticket will be refunded to the credit card that was used for the original payment directly.
English rock legends are remembered in this concert of American tributes. Marking the 40th anniversary of John Lennon’s death, we hear Lukas Foss remember him with “a plaintive electric guitar line”, while with the fourth anniversary of David Bowie’s death in mind, we hear the first of three works Philip Glass wrote incorporating ideas from Bowie’s own music. And the band Radiohead inspired Steve Reich to compose a work mingling his own ideas with two of their hit songs.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, HKIFF Cine Fan: 10% off
- Zuni Friends: 10% off (max. 4 tickets)
- HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership card
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of Marco Polo Club: 10% off (not applicable to $D tickets; max. 4 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members, Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Fringe Club members, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work