Ohlsson plays Brahms
Garrick Ohlsson’s 2012 performances of Brahms’ first concerto were a magisterial highlight of our season two years ago. Now he returns to complete the Brahms ‘cycle’ with the colossal second concerto – a symphony in all but name, with a titanic role for the soloist. In the first half Beethoven’s fourth symphony, which Berlioz said had ‘celestial sweetness’. Mozart’s Magic Flute overture, a perfect temple to the delights of music, opens these début concerts conducted by young star Andrew Grams.
|Time:|| 25-4-2014 Fri |
7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)
|26-4-2014 Sat |
7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||AC2, 4/F, Administration Building,|
HK Cultural Centre
|HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Mr. Jerome Hoberman
Music Director of The Hong Kong Bach Choir & Orchestra
Mr. Li Chi-man
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.