Mozart & Schumann
(Original Title: JAAP Conducts Mozart & Schumann)
Hong Kong native Colleen Lee brings her magic touch to Mozart’s penultimate piano concerto, the “Coronation”, one of the most performed Mozart concertos alongside his Piano Concerto no. 21. Schumann’s Third Symphony pays homage to the River Rhine and the city of Cologne, where the Schumann couple travelled to for a short trip. The concert opens with the world premiere of Glimmering Lights, Cascading Heights by Hong Kong composer Chan Kai-young who wishes to “channel some sense of hope”.
The concert runs approximately 1.5 hours with an intermission.
Change of Conductor & Programme
In view of uncertainties relating to such matters as global travel and in-bound quarantine measures during the pandemic, Maestro Jaap van Zweden has had to withdraw from the advertised performance of "JAAP Conducts Mozart & Schumann".
We are grateful that conductor Lio Kuokman has kindly agreed to step in. The artist remains unchanged. The performance is retitled to "Mozart & Schumann" and the updated programme is listed above.
Ticket Arrangement for Ticket Purchase through Subscription
For 2020/21 Subscribers who have subscribed to the performance of "JAAP Conducts Mozart & Schumann", tickets have been mailed to your registered address in early-May. Please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office if you have not received the tickets 14 days prior to the concert.
For further enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (email); or via WhatsApp messenger at 5628 7595 (Messages ONLY).
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (17 May 2021)
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKIFF Cine Fan, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Fringe Club, App Members and Staff of JOYCE, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOVie MOVie members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2