Meet Your Composers
SWIRE CLASSIC INSIGHTS
【LAST CHANCE】Limited tickets left for "Swire Classic Insights: Meet Your Composers"
We are offering a few returned tickets for “Swire Classic Insights: Meet Your Composers” (29 & 30 Apr). Grab the last chance and register HERE now!
RAVELMa mère l'Oye (Mother Goose)
Programme II (30 APR 3pm)
BEETHOVENSymphony no. 8
Programme III (30 APR 5pm)
PROKOFIEVSymphony no. 1, Classical
You are cordially invited to meet three great composers on two consecutive days at this year’s Swire Classic Insights series. Guided by HK Phil musicians, you will get a deeper appreciation of masterpieces by Ravel, Beethoven and Prokofiev. Conductors Lorenzo Iosco and Andrew Ling will introduce the series with a spellbinding fairy tale and two beautiful dances by Ravel. Next, Domas Juškys will explain how Beethoven transformed his struggles at a dark time in his life into the bright and sunny Eighth Symphony. Finally we meet the Ukrainian born composer, Sergey Prokofiev. Conductor Leung Kin-fung will show how Prokofiev employed both sarcasm and sorrow in his invigorating music.
Each performance runs 60 minutes approximately, without an intermission.
Public registration starts from 25 Apr 2022 (Mon), 10am. Please visit the registration page at POPTICKET website again to register for your ticket(s) at the time specified.
Swire Classic Insights is a series of free concerts with programmes designed thematically to introduce different works of music. Through on-site commentaries by experts and musicians, performances in the series provide the audience with a unique music appreciation experience.
- Except for exempted persons*, all persons are required to use the "LeaveHomeSafe" mobile application to scan the venue QR code before they are allowed to enter the venue
- All exempted persons* are required to complete a record form to register their names, the first four digits or letters of their identification documents, their contact numbers and the date and time of their visits. Relevant identification documents will be requested for verification by the staff on-site during registration, who will also verify the contact numbers by making phone calls
- Under the "Vaccine Pass" arrangement, except for scenarios with exemption, all persons aged 12 or above are required to present an electronic version or a paper copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record or Exemption Certificate for admission. For the latest vaccination requirements of the “Vaccine Pass”, please refer to the Government’s COVID-19 Thematic Website
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances. Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Please use the disinfectant dispensers and always maintain social distancing
- Due to social distancing seating arrangements, some seats in the concert hall will be left empty and adjacent seats may be assigned to other audience members. Please be seated according to instructions from venue ushers
- Separate seats may be arranged in case of overwhelming response
- Persons with fever, symptoms of illness, and those who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days should not attend the performance
- The HK Phil / Venue reserves the right to deny entry, or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed. The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute
- Venue may update their anti-epidemic admission measures in line with the Government regulations. Please refer to the Venue's official website for the latest details. Venue may refuse admission for those who fail to comply with the measures.
*Exempted persons include: (i) those who are aged below 12 or aged 65 or above; (ii) those with disabilities that render use of the app difficult; and (iii) individuals who have been granted exemptions based on actual circumstances
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work