JAAP’s Beethoven 3 | Víkingur Ólafsson
Concert Cancellation and Ticket Arrangement: “Jaap’s Beethoven 3 | Víkingur Ólafsson” on 20 & 21 Mar 2020
To tie in with the response level under the "Preparedness and Response Plan for Novel Infectious Disease of Public Health Significance" being raised to Emergency Response Level and avoid people from gathering, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) announced on 28 February 2020 that various LCSD cultural and leisure facilities, including the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, will continue to be temporarily closed until the end of March 2020.
The advertised performances of “Jaap’s Beethoven 3 | Víkingur Ólafsson at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall on 20 & 21 March 2020, 8pm, have been cancelled. Ticket holders to the cancelled concerts, please submit your preferred ticket arrangement by completing the form (Download) with your intact printed ticket(s) on or before 6 April 2020. Below are the available options:
(1) Apply for a FULL refund of the face value of the ticket(s) by CHEQUE;
(2) Donate to the HK Phil “Student Ticket Fund” To subsidise half-price tickets for local full-time students, nurturing the passion for orchestral music of the next generation. Over 12,000 students have benefited from the fund annually. Your donations contribute to the arts and culture life of our younger generation and our home city, Hong Kong; also support the HK Phil in presenting diverse programmes to inspire through the finest music-making; or
(3) Swap the ticket(s) to another HK Phil 2019/20 Season concert.
(4) Ticket holders may register (Click to Register) for CASH refund on or before 6 APR 2020. The exact refund period will be announced based on the epidemic situation and the resumption of the Hong Kong Cultural Centre. The HK Phil will notify the registered ticket holders of the details by email. Please retain the intact printed ticket(s) for refund in the meantime.
For the HK Phil’s upcoming performances in the coming weeks, we keep communicating closely with the respective venues (including the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Hong Kong City Hall and others) and partners to determine if the concerts can be performed as scheduled. The HK Phil will make further announcements on its website and on Facebook if there are any updates.
For ticketing assistance, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or email@example.com.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (3 March 2020 17:30)
Heroes are at the heart of this concert. Initially intended as a homage to Beethoven's personal hero, Napoleon Bonaparte, the Eroica Symphony ended up with Beethoven angrily erasing the dedication when Napoleon declared himself Emperor. The Overture to Fidelio celebrates the heroic deeds of a young wife who bravely disguised herself as a man in order to rescue her husband from prison. Alongside an Overture and a Symphony celebrating heroic deeds in the face of tyranny, we have a real life hero, Icelandic pianist Víkingur Ólafsson, named "Iceland’s Glenn Gould” by The New York Times, won Record of the Year at the 2019 BBC Music Magazine Awards. Here he performs Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto, which sees the piano in a heroic struggle for dominance against the orchestra.
A maximum of 2 tickets can be purchased on the first day of ticket sale.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||20 MAR 2020 (Fri) 7:15pm - 7:45pm|
21 MAR 2020 (Sat) 7:15pm - 7:45pm
Fri (English) & Sat (Cantonese)
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, HKIFF Cine Fan: 10% off
- Zuni Friends: 10% off (max. 4 tickets)
- HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership card
- Young Audience Scheme members: 55% off, accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets per discount category)
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of Marco Polo Club: 10% off (not applicable to $D tickets; max. 4 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members, Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Fringe Club members, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27