Beethoven Festival: François-Frédéric Guy | Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle
Subsequent to the COVID-19 incident of the HK Phil, the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall is temporarily closed until 24 October for disinfection. As a safety measure, the HK Phil has cancelled the advertised performances of "Beethoven Festival: François-Frédéric Guy | Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle" at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall on 16 & 17 October 2020, 8pm.
Refund will be arranged by URBTIX on behalf of the HK Phil, and details will be announced in November at HK Phil and URBTIX websites.
For enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office from Monday to Friday (10:00-12:30, 14:00-18:00), excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays, at 2721 0132 / 2721 2332 or email@example.com.
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (updated on 23 October 2020)
In the second week of our Beethoven Festival, renowned French pianist François-Frédéric Guy will play and conduct the complete Beethoven piano concertos. Inextricably linked with the piano, Beethoven expressed himself deeply through the instrument. The five piano concertos chart his journey from youthful spirit of the First to the majestic grandeur of the Emperor Concerto. Each is a masterpiece that has won the hearts of audiences for over two centuries. A “highly persuasive Beethovenian” (Gramophone), Guy will perform the Second, Third and Fourth on 16 Oct and the First and Fifth on 17 Oct – an extraordinary journey into the inner world of Beethoven.
16 OCT Fri
Beethoven Festival: François-Frédéric Guy | Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle: nos. 2, 3 & 4
BEETHOVEN | Piano Concerto no. 2
BEETHOVEN | Piano Concerto no. 3
BEETHOVEN | Piano Concerto no. 4
17 OCT Sat
Beethoven Festival: François-Frédéric Guy | Beethoven Piano Concerto Cycle: nos. 1 & 5
BEETHOVEN | Piano Concerto no. 1
BEETHOVEN | Piano Concerto no. 5, Emperor
- Discounts are not available for this concert
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Please come within 15 minutes of the admission time
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27