Beethoven Meets Mozart (Piano & Wind Quintet)
HK Phil × Tai Kwun: Chamber Music Series
Change of Programme
The advertised programme of “HK Phil × Tai Kwun Chamber Music Series: Beethoven Meets Mozart” at Tai Kwun JC Cube on 28 Jun 2021 (Mon) [original: 17 Feb 2020/9 Jun 2020] has been adjusted and listed as below.
The 2nd piece, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, as advertised originally will not be performed. The remaining repertoires remain unchanged. Ticket-holders may continue to use their tickets for admission to the updated performance.
The combination of piano and winds is comparatively rare in the chamber music repertoire. Composers for this ensemble choose between the flute or oboe as the highest wind instrument with the clarinet, bassoon and horn completing the mix. Mozart is well known for his fascination with the clarinet, a newcomer into the orchestra in the latter part of the eighteenth-century. Beethoven was profoundly influenced by Mozart, and the coupling of these two works in this programme mark the admiration of the young composer.
To help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, the advertised 17 February 2020 (Mon) 7:30pm performance of “HK Phil × Tai Kwun: Chamber Music Series: Beethoven Meets Mozart (Piano & Wind Quintet)” at JC Cube, Tai Kwun, has been originally rescheduled to 9 June 2020, now further rescheduled to 28 June 2021 (Mon) 7:30pm at the same venue.
- Ticket | $200 (Adult)
- $150 (25% off for full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities and their minder, CSSA recipients)*
* with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance