Holiday, Pops & More
It’s one of the great adventure stories of all time. How, in a bid to be the first to reach the South Pole, a band of English explorers led by Captain Robert Scott perished, leaving Scott’s diaries beside his frozen body. This epic tale of heroic failure was immortalised in a great cinematic triumph, Scott of the Antarctic. Now, a century on, we celebrate this epic journey along with one of the great polar explorers of our time, Dr Rebecca Lee Lok Sze, who will read Scott’s diary entries while the HK Phil plays the music by Ralph Vaughan Williams all against the backdrop of stunning Antarctic images from the legendary Herbert Ponting.
Chit Chat with Dr Rebecca Lee
Dr Rebecca Lee is invited to share her expedition experience after the concerts. Don't miss it!
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||18/1 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
19/1 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Director of Artistic Planning,
HK Phil Horn Musician
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until a suitable break.