An Orchestral Celebration of the Films of Leslie Cheung
Ashes of Time (Music from "Ashes of Time -- Redux". Publisher: Block 2 Music)
Farewell My Concubine
Days of Being Wild
The Hong Kong Philharmonic is the 37th Hong Kong International Film Festival supporter
A versatile actor with an extraordinary range, Leslie Cheung was a rare talent that shone equally brightly in films and music.
On the 10th anniversary of his death, the Hong Kong Philharmonic offers a musical salute to this cultural icon. Our celebration of the life and work of this legend of the Hong Kong film world includes a special commission from American composer Eli Marshall for Ashes of Time (commissioned by The Octavian Society Limited), as well as music from films in which Cheung memorably starred: Days of Being Wild, Farewell My Concubine and the distinctive strains of Piazzolla’s Tango music as used in the soundtrack to Happy Together. Cheung responded with unique genius to the musical gifts of these composers, evoking the spirit, charm and romance of some of his finest films.
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University and University of HK: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)