A Musical Journey to America
This musical journey is intended to be both reflective and heartening. Inspirational music from two American giants include a profound moment of musical reflection in Samuel Barber’s timeless Adagio for Strings, while faith in the future and joy in living is at the heart of Aaron Copland’s iconic Appalachian Spring Suite. The concert kicks off with the world premiere of Social Distancing inspired by the COVID-19 pandemic, composed and conducted by HK Phil Principal Timpani James Bonzos. A touch of light-heartedness comes from Austrian/British composer Joseph Horovitz whose Jazz Concerto (inspired by American jazz) features Hong Kong pianist Warren Lee and HK Phil principals George Lomdaridze and Aziz D. Barnard Luce.
This concert runs for approximately an hour without intermission.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Please come within 15 minutes of the admission time
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
Stalls A1-2/56-57, B1-4/57-60, C1-5/58-62, D1-3/59-61, AA1-12/89-100, BB1-13/89-101, CC89-90 & HH27