A Jockey Club Keys To Music Education Programme Share the Stage! with Lorin Maazel and the HK Phil
28 Oct 2013, Mon 7:30pm
Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall
Lorin Maazel is a titan of the orchestral world – former Music Director of the New York Philharmonic and conductor of legendary performances over decades with the world’s most famous orchestras.
In October, Maestro Maazel will direct a special educational project – the “Jockey Club Keys to Music Education Programme”, working with young instrumentalists of Hong Kong, side by side with the HK Phil.
Lorin Maazel is renowned for his work nurturing young artists. For one night only, Maestro Maazel will talk to Michael MacLeod, Chief Executive of the HK Phil, sharing his experiences of inspiring young people with music. Then he will conduct a public working session, featuring the specially formed side-by-side orchestra. Come and attend the concert to hear what these student players achieve under the baton of Maestro Maazel.
• Repertoire: WAGNERThe Mastersingers of Nuremberg Overture
• Date: 28-10-2013 Mon
• Time: 7:30PM
• Venue: Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall
• Successful applicants: Please click here
• Tickets: Tickets booking form will be available on www.hkphil.org/sharethestage/booking. Booking available now!
• Successful applicants are required to join the pre-Public Working Session rehearsals and will be duly notified of the details. Absence from these rehearsals may preclude successful applicants from participating in the project.
• Successful participants are expected to be well prepared before the rehearsals.
• The personal data provided in the video and this form will be used by The HK Phil for processing your application for “Share the Stage”- Public Working Session and will be held for statistics, correspondence and publicity purposes.
• The filling of this form is voluntary, but if you do not provide sufficient information, HK Phil may not be able to process your application.
• All the applicants’ Youtube links may be posted on www.hkphil.org/sharethestage/results. *Link updated.
• The HK Phil reserves the right to amend the application criteria as deemed necessary.
• The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of any dispute.
Violin demonstration video - Anders Hui
Viola demonstration video - Andrew Ling
Cello demonstration video - Anna Kwan Ton-an
Percussion demonstration video - Aziz D Barnard Luce
Bassoon demonstration video - Benjamin Moermond
Trumpet Demonstration Video- Christopher Moyse
Harp demonstration video - Christopher Sidenius
Horn demonstration video - Homer Lee
Trombone demonstration video - Jarod Vermette
Clarinet demonstration video - John Schertle
Flute demonstration video - Megan Sterling
Oboe demonstration video - Michael Wilson
Tuba demonstration video - Paul Luxenberg
WAGNERThe Mastersingers of Nuremberg Overture