Our cycle of Rachmaninov concertos starring Simon Trpceski reaches its climax in these concerts. The Fourth Concerto was composed in the United States – and includes more than a hint of New York jazz energy. The initial failure of his First Symphony famously scarred its composer for years – but more recently this work has been recognised for its many beautiful Rachmaninov moments. His gothic tone poem The Rock opens the concert in dark and mysterious style.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||21/6 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
22/6 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Dr. Stefan Au
Music Educator and Composer
Mr. Calvin Lai
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until a suitable break.