The Rite Centenary
SWIRE MAESTRO SERIES
Exactly 100 years ago, Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring announced the birth of 20th century music in spectacular style. The scandal of the première ended in a riot. This programme marks this centenary by recreating the programme that first audience heard – Chopin’s delightful waltzes in orchestral form, evoking the elegance of classical ballet, followed by the violence and mayhem of Stravinsky’s masterwork. Patrons are encouraged to refrain from rioting! As a tribute to the city where this took place, the programme begins with the Paris Symphony – Mozart’s salute to Parisian style.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||31/5 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
1/6 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Dr. Daniel Chua
Professor and Head of the School of Humanities, The Universtiy of Hong Kong
Mr. Dennis Wu
Music writer and critic
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until a suitable break.