The Ring Without Words
The great genius of Richard Wagner is locked into his epic Ring Cycle, an 18-hour, 4-night marathon. Lorin Maazel’s Ring Without Words distils this mammoth work into a symphonic tour de force – a mini cycle of the Ring’s highlights, in which every note is still Wagner’s own. But to start this concert Maestro Maazel will conduct Wagner at his most intimate – the delightful Siegfried Idyll, performed as Wagner first intended, on a staircase in a foyer. Then it was as a surprise ‘at-home’ concert for his beloved wife Cosima. This time, it will be a special foyer performance in the Hong Kong Cultural Centre.
*The first piece will be performed at the Hong Kong Cultural Centre Foyer.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||1-11-2013 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
2-11-2013 Sat 7:15pm-7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Dr. Maureen Buja
Associate Professor of Music / Lingnan University
Mr. Savio Lau
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.