The Red Violin: Movie in Concert
The 1998 ﬁlm The Red Violin dramatises the “biography” of a mysterious and beautiful instrument made by the master string builders of Cremona, following its reversals of fortune over four centuries and across the globe. American composer John Corigliano won an Oscar for his breathtakingly beautiful and emotionally intense score for this movie.
The concert runs approximately 2.5 hours including one interval.
This film is classified as Category IIB, which contains elements which may not be suitable for young persons and children. Parental guidance is recommended.
The Red Violin Film Live with orchestra. Movie in English with Chinese and English subtitles
OSCAR ® Best Original Score. Music By John CORIGLIANO
[UPDATE] Change of Artist
Violinist Yu-Chien Tseng, who was engaged to replace Violinist Lara St John previously, has had to withdraw from the scheduled performances of “The Red Violin: Movie in Concert” now, due to uncertainties relating to global travel and in-bound quarantine measures. We are delighted to have Wang Liang, Second Associate Concertmaster of the HK Phil to be the soloist of the performances. The programme will remain unchanged.
Tickets Purchase through URBTIX
Ticket-holders may continue use their tickets for admission according to the date printed on the tickets for the updated programme.
Ticket Purchase through Subscription
For 2020/21 Subscribers who have subscribed to the performances of “The Red Violin: Movie in Concert”, tickets will be mailed to your registered address by mid-May. Please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office if you have not received the tickets 14 days prior to the concert.
For ticketing assistance or further enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office at email@example.com (email); or via WhatsApp messenger at 5628 7595 (Messages ONLY).
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (Updated on 3 May 2021)
Free Pre-concert Talk (For concert ticket-holders only)
|Time:||30 MAY 2021 (Sun) 2:00pm - 2:30pm|
|Venue:||4/F Foyer, Auditoria Building, HK Cultural Centre|
|Presenter:||Sylvain Gasançon, Conductor|
Free Admission for concert ticket-holders by pre-registration
|Point to note:|
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKIFF Cine Fan, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Members of Fringe Club, App Members and Staff of JOYCE, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOVie MOVie members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
- Some seats may have restricted sightline to main screen. Supplementary screens and TVs are provided in two sides of the stage
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2