The Red Violin: Movie in Concert
The 1998 ﬁlm The Red Violin dramatises the “biography” of a mysterious and beautiful instrument made by the master string builders of Cremona, following its reversals of fortune over four centuries and across the globe. American composer John Corigliano won an Oscar for his breathtakingly beautiful and emotionally intense score for this movie.
The concert runs approximately 2.5 hours with one interval.
The movie contains elements which may not be suitable for young persons and children. Parental guidance is recommended.
Change of Artist
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, and uncertainties relating to such matters as global travel and in-bound quarantine measures, along with discussions with our artists and related partners, the advertised violinist Lara St John has had to withdraw from the performances. We are grateful that violinist Yu-Chien Tseng has kindly agreed to step in. The programme will remain unchanged.
For 2020/21 Subscribers who have subscribed to the performances of “The Red Violin: Movie in Concert”, details of ticket collection will be announced in early May.
For ticketing assistance or further enquiries, please contact the HK Phil Ticketing Office at email@example.com (email); or via WhatsApp messenger at 5628 7595 (Messages ONLY).
Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (26 March 2021)
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- All audiences are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code or register their name, contact number and the date and time of the visit before entering the venue
- Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances
- Use the disinfectant dispensers
- Always keep social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of preventive measures.
- Persons with symptoms of illness and people who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days may not attend the performance
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKIFF Cine Fan, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Hong Kong Bar Association, Members of Fringe Club, App Members and Staff of JOYCE, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOVie MOVie members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Chinese Civil Servants' Association, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 10-19 tickets, 15% off for 20+ tickets
- Some seats may have restricted sightline to main screen. Supplementary screens and TVs are provided in two sides of the stage.
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2