Stéphane Denève Conducts The Organ Symphony
SWIRE MAESTRO SERIES
Saint-Saëns’ Organ Symphony is one of the world’s best-loved classics, but live in concert it never gets any less thrilling! It’s an electrifying showcase for the Hong Kong Cultural Centre’s magnificent 8000-pipe organ: you’ve simply got to hear it for yourself. First, though, the great French organist Olivier Latry puts this colossal instrument through its paces in Poulenc’s rip-roaring concerto, and his compatriot Stéphane Denève lights a fire, with a high-octave modern French classic.
The concert runs approximately 90 minutes with an intermission.
For standard tickets, the general public can enjoy up to 15% off, while Club Bravo members are entitled up to an exclusive 30% off for ticket purchases.
Sharing by Olivier Latry
- 9 JUN 2023 (Fri) 15 minutes after concert (approximate 9:45pm - 10:00pm)
10 JUN 2023 (Sat) 15 minutes after concert (approximate 9:45pm - 10:00pm)
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall
Stéphane Denève, conductor
- Olivier Latry, organ
Timothy Tsukamoto, HK Phil Director of Artistic Planning
- Instrument demonstration and sharing session.
Conducted in English. Free admission.
Limited seats; first come, first served.
Discount Scheme for Programmes in JAN - JUL 2023 #:
- General public are entitled to 15% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 4 and more programmes.
- Club Bravo members are entitled to 15% off for standard tickets; 30% off for each purchase of standard tickets for 4 and more programmes.
#Discounts are calculated for each transaction and cannot be applied to the next transaction. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, and are not applicable for Chamber Music Concerts, HK Phil x Ivana Wong "the missing something" Concert, Cathay Proudly Sponsor: Joe Hisaishi in Concert and other co-presented or collaboration concerts.
- Full-time students, citizens aged 60 and above, people with disabilities & the minder*, CSSA recipients: 50% off (with quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
* For purchase of each concessionary ticket for people with disabilities, the customer can purchase one ticket of same concession for a minder.
- Club Bravo members: 15% off
- Young Audience Scheme members: 60% off (max. 1 ticket), accompanying adults – 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Dance Inspirations” members, Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, Zuni Friends: 10% off
- Chung Ying “Energy Fun Club plus” members, HKRep Pals, Friends of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra, Friends of Hong Kong Dance Company, CineClub : 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Discounts only available at URBTIX outlets upon presentation of valid staff/membership cards:
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- City Contemporary Dance Company “Student Dance Inspirations” members: 10% off
- eslite Gold Card-holders and Black Card-holders: 10% off
- Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators Association, Members of Fringe Club, Members of Fringe Club, Members of The Law Society of Hong Kong, MOViE MOViE members, Members of Hong Kong Orchestral Teachers’ Circle, Members of Hong Kong Piano/Electone Teachers’ Circle, HKU SPACE Alumni members: 10% off (max. 2 tickets)
- Group Booking (standard tickets only): 10% off for 11-20 tickets, 15% off for 21-40 tickets
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of Venue's anti-epidemic measures
- Persons with fever, symptoms of illness and those who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days should not attend the performance
- The HK Phil / Venue reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed. The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute
- Venue may update their anti-epidemic admission measures in line with Government regulations. Please refer to the Venue’s official website for the latest details. Venue may refuse admission for those who fail to comply with the measures.
- Stalls C1-2/61-62, AA1-7/94-100, BB1-8/94-101 & HH27
- Wheelchair Box 1-2