Songs of the Auvergne
Two sides of the French spirit meet: Olivier Messiaen wrote gorgeous musical meditations on the nature of spiritual love. His Les offrandes oubliées ('Forgotten Offerings') are a tender statement of deeply-held beliefs. Meanwhile, Joseph Canteloube’s ravishing songs from the Auvergne region capture the rustic lives of farmers and shepherds in the fields. Then we explore the indomitable northern spirit of Finland, with Sibelius’ second symphony, an emblem of his homeland’s pristine landscape.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||23-5-2014 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
24-5-2014 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||AC2, 4/F, Administration Building, HK Cultural Centre|
Dr. Maureen Buja
Associate Professor of Music / Lingnan University
Mr. Dennis Wu
Music writer and critic
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.