Schumann 3 & 4
Named after region where Schumann had taken up a new posting, the third symphony resounds with sunny and bright optimism, tempered by solemn, ceremonial music inspired by a grand procession. In his fourth symphony, Schumann reached great heights of musical expression – a journey from darkness into a blaze of light, at the very apogee of German romanticism. The Piano Concerto was composed by Schumann for his young wife Clara – a robust dialogue for piano and orchestra, performed in this concert by young piano star Zhang Haochen.
|Time:|| 24-1-2014 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
25-1-2014 Sat 7:15pm-7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Prof. QIN Rong
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.