Schumann 1 & 2
Schumann said that his first symphony was “born in a fiery hour”. Filled with longing for spring and the summons to awakening that follows a harsh winter, the symphony speaks with confidence, power and hope. In stark contrast, the second symphony followed one of the lowest points in Schumann’s life. Written in a fever of inspiration, the work was created as part of a process of healing following a period of depression – moving from quiet resolve to triumphant redemption. Between these two works, the freshness, humour and lyricism of the Cello Concerto.
|Time:|| 17-1-2014 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
18-1-2014 Sat 7:15pm-7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Mr. Jerome Hoberman
Music Director of The Hong Kong Bach Choir & Orchestra
Mr. Calvin Lai
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals, CY Buddies and Hong Kong Cellist Society members: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.