Schumann: "Jekyll and Hyde"
A recital highlighting the split sides of Schumann's problematic personality. The first half contains two very famous and much loved song cycles from the very productive song year 1840: Liederkreis and Dichterliebe. In the second half we explore a much darker, later and less known side of Schumann's Lieder, with two groups composed in 1850. By this time Schumann's mental health problems were becoming apparent. These songs are the late works of a song genius and have their very own atmosphere: brooding, manic and filled with melancholy.
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.