|Presenter: Opera Hong Kong|
La Traviata (“The Fallen Woman”) is a touching yet tragic love story, which is nevertheless also an indictment of social prejudice and sexism of the 1800s. The work is the only one of Verdi’s operas set in what was the composer’s “present day” and looks forward to verismo operas of the end of the 19th century.
Violetta is an elegant Parisian courtesan. She and Alfredo fall in love and embark on a happy affair, much to the disapproval of Alfredo’s father. Alfredo’s faith is broken, and he behaves abominably; even his father is ashamed. Destitute, Violetta dies from tuberculosis, a disease that she had been quietly suffering from. She dies in the arms of the now penitent and reconciled father and son.
An Opera in Three Acts performed in Italian with Chinese and English surtitles.
Production of Opera Hong Kong, joined by the HK Phil.
For more details, please visit the official website of Opera Hong Kong.
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Except for exempted persons*, all persons are required to use the "LeaveHomeSafe" mobile application to scan the venue QR code before they are allowed to enter the venue
- All exempted persons* are required to complete a record form to register their names, the first four digits or letters of their identification documents, their contact numbers and the date and time of their visits. Relevant identification documents will be requested for verification by the staff on-site during registration, who will also verify the contact numbers by making phone calls
- Under the "Vaccine Pass" arrangement, except for scenarios with exemption, all persons aged 12 or above are required to present an electronic version or a paper copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record or Exemption Certificate for admission. For the latest vaccination requirements of the “Vaccine Pass”, please refer to the Government’s COVID-19 Thematic Website
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances. Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Please use the disinfectant dispensers and always maintain social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of Venue's anti-epidemic measures
- Persons with fever, symptoms of illness and those who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days should not attend the performance
- The HK Phil / Venue reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed. The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute
- Venue may update their anti-epidemic admission measures in line with the Government regulations. Please refer to the Venue’s official website for the latest details. Venue may refuse admission for those who fail to comply with the measures
* Exempted persons include: (i) those who are aged below 12 or aged 65 or above; (ii) those with disabilities that render use of the app difficult; and (iii) individuals who have been granted exemptions based on actual circumstances