Tan Dun | Snow in June
HK PHIL @ FREESPACE
Some composers just make you hear the world differently. John Cage drew on the I Ching to inspire his music; Lou Harrison, declared that his Violin Concerto “should finely shimmer and glitter while the violin chants”. Jing Wang brings nature itself into the concert hall, and Tan Dun tells a tragic tale in sounds that are both startlingly new, and as eternal as the human heart. A handpicked group of HK Phil players shares these wonders today: music that captivates even while it questions.
The concert runs approximately 70 minutes without an intermission.
$200 for senior citizens ages 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion and full-time students.
- Ticket-holders must present proof of eligibility on admission
- Above discount offers are not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers
- If you are a wheelchair user or a person with a disability, you are entitled to buy one ticket at a concessionary price and one additional ticket at the same price for a companion. If there are more than two people in your party, all other tickets will be at standard price unless the party members qualify for a concession in their own right
- All discount offers are available on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability
- All promotions are subject to relevant terms and conditions
I. House Rules:
- No eating or drinking
- No photography, recording or filming
- Please turn off your mobile phone and other electronic devices
- Please keep noise to a minimum during the performance
- Please reserve your applause until the end of the entire work
II. Admission Details:
- Except for exempted persons*, all persons are required to use the "LeaveHomeSafe" mobile application to scan the venue QR code before they are allowed to enter the venue
- All exempted persons* are required to complete a record form to register their names, the first four digits or letters of their identification documents, their contact numbers and the date and time of their visits. Relevant identification documents will be requested for verification by the staff on-site during registration, who will also verify the contact numbers by making phone calls
- Under the "Vaccine Pass" arrangement, except for scenarios with exemption, all persons aged 12 or above are required to present an electronic version or a paper copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record or Exemption Certificate for admission. For the latest vaccination requirements of the “Vaccine Pass”, please refer to the Government’s COVID-19 Thematic Website
- Temperature check is arranged at designated entrances. Masks must be worn throughout the venue and the concert hall
- Please use the disinfectant dispensers and always maintain social distancing
- Your seat may be adjusted to meet the requirements of Venue's anti-epidemic measures
- Persons with fever, symptoms of illness and those who have been in contact with COVID-19 patients within the last 14 days should not attend the performance
- The HK Phil / Venue reserves the right to deny entry or to require anyone to leave if, in their opinion, the above-mentioned instructions have not been observed. The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of dispute
- Venue may update their anti-epidemic admission measures in line with the Government regulations. Please refer to the Venue’s official website for the latest details. Venue may refuse admission for those who fail to comply with the measures.
* Exempted persons include: (i) those who are aged below 12 or aged 65 or above; (ii) those with disabilities that render use of the app difficult; and (iii) individuals who have been granted exemptions based on actual circumstances