The most heroic of composers, Beethoven, penned his Third Symphony with Napoleon in mind. It became a celebration of the ‘Heroic’ nature of all humanity. ‘Eroica’ inspires and thrills, and Polish conductor Antoni Wit is one of its greatest interpreters. Saint-Saëns’ Second Piano Concerto begins in homage to his hero Bach, but the mood nimbly changes to Parisian jollity for Argentinean pianist Ingrid Fliter. The concert begins with an anti-hero: the noble count who dares to go hunting on Sunday when he should be in church. Heaven’s punishment – he himself will be hunted by terrifying demons for all eternity!
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||14/9 Fri 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
15/9 Sat 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Music Director of The Hong Kong Bach Choir & Orchestra
"HiFi Review" Monthly
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University and University of HK: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until a suitable break.