Eastern Europe Postcards
Discover the unique flavours of Eastern Europe in this thoughtful programme. From Dvorák’s thrilling dark tale of the witch who arrives at the stroke of midday to take away a naughty child, to the strange harmonies of Bartók’s Music - used to chilling in The Shining by director Stanley Kubrick. This concert also pays tribute to two important musical centenaries – Arvo Pärt’s touching memorial for Benjamin Britten, and Witold Lutosławski’s powerful cello concerto.
Free Pre-concert Talk
|Time:||4-12-2013 Wed 7:15pm - 7:45pm (English)|
5-12-2013 Thu 7:15pm - 7:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
|Speaker:||Ms. Joanna Lee|
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals, CY Buddies and Hong Kong Cellist Society members: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Each purchase of "World Cultures Festival 2013" performing arts / film programmes
- for 4-9 standard tickets (10% off)
- for 10-19 standard tickets (15% off)
- for 20-40 standard tickets (20% off)
- Each purchase of standard tickets for
- 3-4 different "World Cultures Festival 2013" performing arts / film programmes (10% off)
- 5 or more different "World Cultures Festival 2013" performing arts / film programmes (15% off)
Please switch off your mobile phone and any other beeping device before the concert.
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.