Charlie Chaplin - City Lights
Celebrating 125 years since the birth of Charlie Chaplin, and 100 years since he created his iconic character The Tramp, the HK Phil will present two Chaplin films. Chaplin directed and starred, and also composed the music for City Lights, in which the tramp finds his way in the big city. Kid Auto Races at Venice shows that Chaplin invented the ‘photobomb’, hilariously obstructing cameramen left right and centre at a race day. Touching, funny and iconic, Charlie Chaplin lights up the screen.
|Time:|| 2-5-2014 Fri 8:15pm - 8:45pm (English)|
3-5-2014 Sat 8:15pm - 8:45pm (Cantonese)
|Venue:||HK Cultural Centre Auditoria Building 4/F Foyer|
Mr. Raff Wilson
Director of Artistic Planning of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra
Mr. Chiu Tsang Hei
Composer and producer
- Club Bravo: 15% off
- Members of Young Audience Scheme: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets), 10% off for accompanying adults (Max. 2 tickets)
- Full-time Students, Citizens aged 60 or above, People with Disability and CSSA recipients: 50% off (With Quota, this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers)
- Group discount: 10-19: 10% off, 20 or above: 20% off
- Staff of Swire Group: 15% off
- Members of music.org: 10% off
- Students of HK Polytechnic University, City University of HK, Lingnan University, Chinese University, HK Baptist University, University of HK and HK University of Science & Technology: 55% off (Max. 2 tickets)
- Friends of Hong Kong Ballet, CCDC Dance Generation Premium Member, HK Rep Pals and CY Buddies: 10% off (Max. 2 tickets)
Except with permission from the management, record, filming and photography are not allowed.
If the music contains more than one movement, kindly reserve your applause until the end of the entire work.
Latecomers are not admitted until the intermission.