The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Composers Scheme 2019/20 - Call for Application
16 SEP 2019 12:00 noon
The Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra is honoured to present The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Composers Scheme. This Scheme provides a platform for emerging composers to deepen their experience in orchestral writing and have their works performed by one of Asia’s foremost orchestras in their home city. Between four and six selected composers will have the opportunity to present a new orchestral work of between three and four minutes’ duration with the HK Phil, at a public workshop in March 2020. Each of the selected composers will receive a bursary of HK$5,000.
Each year an outstanding composer will be commissioned to write a new work for the HK Phil.
The selection will be made on the basis of demonstrated potential and composing ability.
Information Day and Workshop*
1 Mar 2020
Public Working Session and Showcase with the HK Phil*
(*Selected composers are required to attend these events.)
- Aged 35 or under (as at 1 March 2020)
- Hong Kong permanent resident
- No prior commission works for a professional orchestra
Please submit completed application form and the required documents below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline of 12:00 noon 16 September 2019 (Monday). All documents should be in PDF format, total attachment size should not exceed 10mb. If the file size is too large, please provide URL links in the application.
- A copy of Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
- CV (up to 2 pages of A4)
- Scores of two works with programme notes and URL links to their recordings/ sound files
- A statement outlining your expectation of the Scheme (100-200 words)
- Reference letter(s) (optional) to be submitted by referee(s) directly via email to email@example.com on or before the application deadline of 16 September 2019)
Selected composers will be notified via email on or before 31 October 2019
The HK Phil will not consider any incomplete application
The personal data provided will only be used by the HK Phil for processing your application and will be held for statistics, correspondence and publicity purposes. The filling of application form is voluntary
The HK Phil reserves the right to amend the application criteria as deemed necessary
The HK Phil reserves all rights of final arbitration in case of any dispute