Reporting to the Education and Outreach Manager, the Assistant Education and Outreach Manager supports the implementation of education and community-based programmes and partnerships. This position plays an active role in the development of programming initiatives to increase learning and access to orchestral music for people of all ages. The role embraces the goal of making classical music accessible to new and diverse audiences, and particularly to providing meaningful orchestral experiences to young people.
- To assist the Education and Outreach Manager in administrating the Orchestra’s education and community programmes, including workshops, seminars and master classes and orchestral and ensemble performances for school students;
- To assist in the production of publications in connection with the above projects;
- To assist in developing links with the education community and in facilitating the planning, budgeting and execution of the projects;
- To manage and grow the Society’s Young Audience Scheme;
- To produce content and related activities for the Young Audience Scheme;
- To be the host at some activities and/or concerts;
- To be able to work and attend concerts and events including those outside of office hours.
- A university degree in music, arts administration and/or humanities, with at least 2 years’ working experience in arts administration or education/training;
- A passion for music education and orchestral music, with a sound knowledge of classical music;
- A pro-active, innovative and energetic approach to the running of a flourishing education programme;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Chinese, including generating new content, proofreading and editing;
- Strong project management skills, with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks;
- A desire to inspire children and to be inspired by them;
- A highly motivated team player with excellent people skills and work ethnics;
- Experience working with digital media is preferred;
- Experience in organising and promoting education and outreach programmes in performing arts and with good network in the education sector is highly preferred.
Applicants should send a detailed resumé with current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 6 December 2020. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only)